Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Changes...


About 3 weeks ago, I made the decision to pursue a degree in graphic design. Yes, I am two months away from graduating with a degree in Women's Studies and a minor in psychology.

My generation has been given so many options. I think this is almost part of the problem. You are overwhelmed with options, majors, and everything else. You are told you can do anything, but often times you are indirectly encouraged to only do specific things. As I attended college I realized that I could get a career that I loved and felt passionate about. That I didn't just have to do something I was "good at that made money."

Pursuing this dream means a lot of sacrifice. It means postponing our wedding because we are financially unable to pay for it right now.  Plus a slew of other financial changes. I've got the world's best partner on my side, which definitely makes it a little easier to breathe. 

So here I am, about to embark on a journey that could change everything. And I couldn't be more happy.

No comments: