Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wedding Insanity


For those of you who don't know, I'm having a wedding ceremony January 2011. Planning it is chaotic, fun, frustrating, exciting, and overwhelming. Things I expected to be hard, are easy. But things I expected to be problem-free have turned out to be really difficult.

I've never been a girl who dreamed of her wedding. For every person I've imagined a wedding with, they've all been really different. I think that weddings are personalized to who you are with and what spot you are in your life. Over the last couple years I've been putting together all the details. I have a neglected wedding website because most of it is on paper or in my design file.

Finances remain the biggest struggle. I made the decision to pursue my dream of graphic design, which means a lot of sacrifice. And a wedding might be one of the sacrifices. Weddings are expensive (Even if done priced well!) and neither of our income sources are all that super stable right now.

So we'll see what (does or does not) happen. As of now, everything is just sort of up in the air.

No comments: