Thursday, May 20, 2010

(Almost) Graduate

Saturday is my Commencement Ceremony. I'm pretty nervous, especially since I hate large groups of people (You can laugh at the irony when you find out one of my passions is public speaking.) Our ceremony is at Arco Arena, for those of you who don't know is a big stadium in Sacramento.

graduationRather than cause a fire hazard, they've split it up over two days and by major. I think my ceremony is only 4 or 5 other majors, so the whole thing is only about 1.5 hours. As I picked out my outfit today and hung up the (ugly) gown, I had a proud moment -I can't believe it's finally here. Well, almost here. (We're ignoring the whole California-budget-cuts-screwed-me-over-&-I'm-taking-a-class-in-the-fall-@-the-Community-College)

I had different ideas what it would be like when I graduated college. I remembering figuring out what year we would graduate high school and college in 3rd grade. Let's just say it took me a few more years than that to actually graduate (Oh changing majors) But I thought college graduates had their careers figured out and knew what they wanted to do. Instead, I just sort of stumbled through college, figured out what I wanted to do six months before I graduated and now...




I'm graduating

graduation

No comments: