Thursday, November 11, 2010

fill in the blank friday!

{image via weheartit}

1.   The most spontaneous thing I've ever done was      back when colin and i had only been dating for a bit, we decided to take a spontaneous trip to oregon (we were obviously still living in california at that point) we basically said, "Wouldn't it be fun to go to oregon?" and we both agreed, and left a day or two later. Which, is totally against the normal "OCD" planner I am.

2.  The best gift I've ever received was    colin made me this little wedding book to plan stuff in. it was so thoughtful and unexpected, and meant the world to me  .

3.  A time that I was truly and genuinely surprised was       i hate surprises. i know, that makes me totally boring. but i usually pry them out, or guess all the surprises colin tries to plan. i'm no fun!    .

4.  I can't leave the house without        my cell& bag   .

5.  My favorite day of the week is      wednesday    because      i volunteer in the NICU, and get to hold tiny, sick babies who really need a warm body to hold them close. although it's hard, and often sad, it is really rewarding. Then I get to come home and hang out with C., since it's his day off    .

6.  Something that can always make me laugh is      my animals. they are totally goofy!    .

7.  My perfect day would include       sleeping in, cuddling with my animals in bed, breakfast burritos, and hanging out with C.      .

2 comments:

Diana said...

oh my god that is so sweet that you go and hold the babies. Ive never heard of someone who volunteers to do that.Where can I do that?

allison said...

Diana - It's in pretty much any NICU in a hospital. Just use google to find some of the local hospital's web pages, and they should have a volunteer page with contacts.

The hospital that I do it at it is really large, and has a really extensive volunteer program. I will warn you, the NICU can be sort of depressing sometimes (Very tiny babies, who often don't live or baby's suffering from withdrawl from drugs.) But, it is such an amazing volunteer position, I feel very lucky!