Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin time!

Muffins Pasta salad (olives, cucumber, artichoke hearts, green pepper, tomato, and garlic sesame tempeh with olive oil/balsamic drizzled over. Dinner for tonight!

Today I was productive. I managed to do laundry, put away last weeks laundry, scour the kitchen, bike to the store (twice, the second time being related to a Diet Coke shortage ), bake pumpkin muffins for breakfasts this week and whip up a pasta salad for dinner. The pasta salad was the highlight, it had cool looking curly noodles plus: cucumber, olives, green peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, tomatoes, garlic sesame tempeh and was coated in balsamic/olive oil. 

Speaking of kitchen creations, I had breakfast for dinner earlier this week and made french (baguette) toast with dark chocolate and bananas: 

Dark chocolate banana french toast! 
Somehow this turned into the all-food related post. But I don't have much else to talk about. I am taking Anatomy & Physiology in preparation for graduate school and it is kicking my butt. I went in confident and got my ego taken down by the end of the first class. I can do this, but it's going to require a lot of hard work. 

Hope you all are enjoying Fall and taking advantage of the pumpkin flavored goodies out there!

3 comments:

C Lo said...

now I'm hungry for French Toast.

allison said...

i used this super simple vegan recipe:
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon sugar
cinnamon, to taste
1 cup nondairy milk (I use soy)
nonstick spray or vegan butter, as needed
2 slices bread

Then I just make sure the bread is stale (or if not that I toast it for a minute or so)

larissa bree said...

I love when you post :) esp food